Beginning April 2, Santa Anita will re-open to the public at a limited capacity in accordance with guidelines issued by state and county health officials.
Owners with a valid CHRB license will continue to be welcomed to attend the races at any time. Your license, however, will not guarantee you seating. Owners wishing to confirm seating should contact Ami Atkinson in the Santa Anita Racing Office in advance (AMI.ATKINSON@santaanita.com). Priority seating will be given to owners running horses at Santa Anita on that day. Please note that seating allotment held by the Racing Office is limited. It is anticipated that it will be filled by horsemen with horses running that afternoon.
If you are not running a horse and would like to guarantee seating, tickets will be available for advance purchase at www.santaanita.com/open starting at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, March 29. All grandstand seats, box seats, tables, and high tops will be pre-sold.
The health and safety of our horses, community, fans, and staff remain the priority. Santa Anita has worked diligently with local health officials to ensure that the most up-to-date safety guidelines and protocols are in place for your visit. Box seats, tables, and individual seats will be spaced apart to maximize social distancing. All guests must follow stringent safety guidelines and protocols including:
- Face Masks Required
- Limiting and Monitoring Attendance
- Socially Distanced Seating
- Contactless Admission
- Contactless Wagering
- Contactless & Cashless Food & Beverage Ordering
- Plexiglass at Wagering & Service Windows
- Increased Cleaning Schedule
- Reminders for Social Distancing
Stable Area Access
Granted between 10am – 7pm daily. To continue to keep that community safe and offer this experience, the following protocols are in place:
- Each trainer can authorize a maximum of two CHRB licensed owners to go to their barn at any one time between 10:00 a.m. – 7:00p.m. daily.
- Prior to entrance, Owners and their guest must pre-register with the Santa Anita Racing Office and submit one of the following to the Santa Anita Racing Office:
- Negative COVID-19 test result that is received within 72 hours prior to the day requested (Negative COVID test can remain on file for a maximum of 30 days)
- Proof of completed scheduled COVID-19 Vaccination doses
- Each owner may bring one additional family member.
- Owners may only visit the barn where their horse is stabled.
- Owners must keep their visits to the outside areas, including the stall entrances, and not enter stable offices, tack rooms or other enclosed locations.
- Mandatory Santa Anita protocols, including social distancing (a minimum of six feet), face cloths covering your nose and mouth, health screening, temperature check and wrist banding will continue to be enforced for everyone entering Santa Anita, including the Stable Area.
GOLDEN GATE FIELDS
Golden Gate Fields is in constant communication with the local health department as the guidelines for COVID continue to evolve. At this time, the grandstand and Winner’s Circle at Golden Gate Fields are open for live racing to CHRB licensed owners with the following protocols in place:
- Owners must provide a Negative COVID-19 test result that is received within 72 hours prior to the race day (Negative COVID test can remain on file for a maximum of 30 days).
- N95 masks covering your nose and mouth remain mandatory at Golden Gate Fields, including the Winner’s Circle.
- While this is a celebratory event, social distancing (minimum of 6-feet) in the Winner’s Circle will be strictly enforced.
- Entrance to the Winner’s Circle will be restricted to a limited number of owners and/or their guests to allow for social distancing.
- The grandstand is open for morning workouts on Saturday and Sunday mornings to owners under the above protocols.
While the local health department continues to mandate that the stable area at Golden Gate Fields remains closed to owners at this current time, conversations are continuing to lessen those restrictions as the COVID-19 numbers improve in the county, and an update could be issued soon.