Please review the following information from Santa Anita regarding the COVID protocols that are now in place. Please note Santa Anita Park will have security at all entrances, including the entrance by the Racing Office, to ensure these protocols are followed.
FAN SAFETY AT SANTA ANITA PARK
Here at Santa Anita Park, fan safety is our top priority as we continue to work closely with top health experts and local officials to ensure your experience here at the racetrack meets the highest standards of health and safety protocols. Our safety measures adhere to the standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of California, the City of Arcadia and the County of Los Angeles.
Before your visit to Santa Anita Park, please review the safety measures below.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Bring Proof of Vaccination: Per the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, fans, 12 and older, must provide proof of vaccination status prior to entering Santa Anita Park. Alternatively, fans can show proof of a negative test result (taken within 72 hours from date of event).
- Bring Photo ID: Per the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, guests 18 and older must provide a photo identification
- Bring & Wear a Face Mask: Per the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, masks must be worn at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
HEALTH, SAFETY & HYGIENE PROTOCOLS
Proof of Full Vaccination or Negative COVID-19 Viral Test Required
In accordance with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH) order for outdoor mega events (10,000 or more people), all guests 12 and over will now be required to show proof at racetrack entry gates, prior to entry, of either (a) full vaccination (i.e., at least two weeks have passed since the attendee has received the second dose of Pfizer, or Moderna vaccine, or a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine), or (b) a negative COVID-19 viral test (both PCR and antigen tests will be accepted) taken within 72 hours before the start time of the event.
- Proof of Full Vaccination: The following are acceptable forms of proof of full vaccination: attendee’s COVID-19 vaccination card; OR a photo of attendee’s vaccination card as a separate document; OR a photo of attendee’s vaccination card stored on attendee’s phone or electronic device; OR documentation of attendee’s full vaccination status against COVID-19 from a healthcare provider (on a mobile app, paper document, digital wallet card). Vaccination cards/records must clearly show the name of the vaccinated attendee, type of COVID-19 vaccine administered, and date(s) of each dose administered.
- Proof of Negative COVID-19 Viral Test: The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 viral test result: a printed document from the test provider or laboratory showing the negative test result; OR an email or text message displayed on attendee’s phone or electronic device from the test provider or laboratory. Test results must clearly show the name of the tested attendee, type of test performed, date of the test (which must be within the prior 72 hours), and the negative test result.
Photo ID Required (18 and Older)
In accordance with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH) order (effective November 1, 2021), Santa Anita Park is required to cross-check proof of full vaccination or negative COVID-19 viral test result against a photo identification for all attendees who are 18 years of age or older.
Face Coverings Required
In accordance with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH) order (effective August 19, 2021), all individuals ages two and older, regardless of vaccination status, are now required to wear a mask or an appropriate face covering at all times at Santa Anita Park, except when actively eating or drinking. As defined by the LACDPH order, actively eating or drinking is the limited time during which the mask can be removed briefly to eat or drink, after which it must be immediately put back on.
Santa Anita Park is engaged in the best practices for cleaning, sanitization, and hygiene throughout the racetrack. These practices include:
- Hand sanitizing stations conveniently located throughout the racetrack and additional staff on-site for cleaning high-touch areas.
- Plexiglass dividers installed at merchandise locations, concession stands, guest services booths, wagering windows and other areas of interaction.
- Contactless ticketing offered via email and mobile device
- Contactless ordering offered for food and beverage service
- Contactless wagering offered on mobile app: 1/ST BET